POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER POSITION IN BIOGEOCHEMICAL OCEANOGRAPHY : GLIDER APPROACH
- He (she) will undertake data processing, quality control and analysis of glider data to support the research group developing sensor for DOM characterization in the framework of the Nexos European project (grant agreement No 614102) (M. Goutx, M. Tedetti) and will work in collaboration with the physicists, on shelf and coastal sea processes (Ch. Pinazo, A. Doglioli). In particular, inputs from Rhône River, sediment remobilization and contaminant dynamics will be studied. He (she) will present his (her) work to national and international audience by attending conferences and workshops and through publication in high-quality, peer-reviewed journals.
The candidate must have:
- PhD in areas related to physical/biogeochemical interactions in oceanography and computer programming from an international recognized university or a research institute.
- Experience in optical sensors
- One year of post-doctoral experience will be considered
- Experience in presenting scientific, navigation and engineering informations using geographical visualization tools.
- Programming in Matlab and/or Python and knowledge of UNIX based operating systems
- Communication skills (both written and oral) in the English language.
- Ability to work in a team
- Duration: 1 year
- Applications will be received until the candidate is selected.
- Salary: 2150 euros net month(-1), beginning September 2015.
- Madeleine Goutx:
- (33) 4 91 86 09 06 01
- (33) 6 27 70 89 24
- Marc Tedetti:
- (33) 4 91 86 09 07 25
- (33) 6 13 03 72 97